The Hall of Meat (inspired by the actual featurette in Thrasher) is a game mode introduced in Skate 2 in where you need to injure your character in various, inhumane but creative ways to score points.
The first Hall of Meat is featured in Skate but as a photo challenge for Thrasher. The game mode was finally introduced as an actual game mode for Skate 2 and continued into Skate 3.
The Hall of Meat requires your character to experience hell by getting his/her various body parts viciously mangled by the enviroment (For example, getting hit by a car and then falling of a cliff). The more carnage you caused gets you more points.
Various multipliers increase the number of points gained. The multipliers are
- The height of the fall
- The distance
- The duration
- The amount of limbs and appendages damaged
- Obstacles managed to hit along the way
The more points, the better.
Skate 2 gives the ability to tweak during the carnage, allowing for flashier ways to showcase the pain. Skate 3 gives the tweaks new properties, allowing for more ways to bring up the pain. You could also tweak while jumping.
- The Cannonball allows you to jump, giving more distance if timed properly. This is done by pushing the right analog stick up
- The Torpedo allows you to speed up the descent, This is done by pushing the right analog stick left.
- The Judo allows you to kick random passerbys. This is done by pushing the right analog stick right.
- The Spread Eagle allows you to slow down your descent. This is done by pushing the right analog stick down.